Saturday, 18 April 2015

Good Works # 6: Visiting + Fellowship


As I've mentioned in the  previous post, Good Works/Service is not something I consider myself good at. But I definitely gained so much experience today. 

Our beautiful young women leaders arranged a caravan visiting activity for us a few hours ago. Again, the struggle to wake up early is real. Anyway, the plan was to gather in our chapel and visit inactive young women and invite them to attend church tomorrow. I'll be (again) totally honest and say that I used to not attend activities like these because I get easily exhausted + I'm really scared of suburban places I'm not familiar with. But after this activity, I don't think I ever want to miss an opportunity to visit inactive young women or any member again. The whole experience was so uplifting and the Spirit was, indeed, very strong. I felt Heavenly Father's presence and guidance throughout the whole visiting, and also His joy in seeing his daughters willingly reaching out to others.

We first visited our fellow young woman whom we rarely see attending church meetings. Our young women leaders talked to her privately because she was very shy and refused to go down to see us. Later, we found out that she was facing a lot of problems. The moment she came down the stairs to see us, I immediately felt the Spirit. We sang "I am a Child of God" and the Spirit became even stronger. It brought almost all of us to tears. We were given a chance to speak to her and we couldn't help but shed more tears. We missed her and felt bad that we hadn't reached out to her sooner. She was having difficulties in life, but we assured her that attending church and praying would be a big help and that we will always be there for her if she needs us.

We visited others as well and talked to them. They opened up about their problems and struggles, and we tried our best to be of help. I know the examples the value experience gave was far from the kind of service that we did, but I'm glad we were able to do it. The little things can be the most helpful sometimes. We made our fellow young women and their families know that we love them by being listeners and friends that they can count on. We also reminded them that even though sometimes situations can look very dark and bleak, Heavenly Father is always, always there.
I'm never going to forget this experience. I don't ever want to forget the way I felt when we reached out to others. This experience, again, strengthened my desire to serve a mission. Admittedly, I still have fears about doing so, but conquering those fears are my goal and I will strive to overcome them with the help of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.


I invite all of you, reading this right now, to serve as well. And no, not just a mission, but serve your fellow young women. Visit those that are inactive and thise that need to be reminded of our love for them. Fellowship them and let them know that our Father above and our Savior, Jesus Christ loves them.

And you will never, *ever* regret doing so.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience! Thank you for sharing your amazing testimony! <3 Also, thank you for leaving me a link to your blog! I can't wait to read more! Button = Added. :)

    Hugs!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I also added your button, but there seems to be a little problem with the buttons showing up here, but I'll get it fixed as soon as possible. Thanks again! :D

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik