Monday, 20 April 2015

April 19th: Seminary & Institute Graduation

The end of a school year also marks the end of another seminary course! And this year's course was Doctrine & Covenants. This is my 2nd year in seminary and to be very honest, it was very, very hard work to pass. Unlike all the other wards, we participated in *weekly* seminary, which means we have to answer a home-study manual. Due to a *very* busy school schedule, I was always late with my manual and more often than not, I missed a lot of units. And trust me, it was one of my biggest regrets.
(Credits to the rightful owner. I cannot find the original source, apologies.)


When summer kicked in, I had a little over two weeks before our seminary teacher had to pass a list of the graduates and certificate receivers. I dug out my manual from a big pile of books, determined to finish what's left to answer, but I was very surprised to find that I was only able to answer 8 out of 32 units. Which meant I had over a week to answer 24 units. Each unit consisted of 4 days. Each day had about 7 questions, but we were only required to answer at least 3. 10 months worth of seminary homework in just a week. On top of that, I had to answer an assessment test. It looked dreadful and hopeless. But I wanted to pass.

And so the week began and so did my journey to finish my manual. But here's the shocking part: what I thought would've been a bloody battle between me and my manual, became such an enjoyable journey! I learned so much (I can't even begin on how many new things I learned about our church, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, and a lot more) and I had so many spiritual impressions and experiences.

Sadly, I wasn't able to finish the manual. But I did answer up until Unit 27! Which was such a huge achievement for me since I didn't even believe I could go past 20 units given just a week. My mom was right when she said I was the one that will benefit the most when I put my heart and time in answering the manual. It became such a daily habit to get up in the morning and get my manual and start answering, that I kinda maybe actually miss it.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the graduation ceremonies yesterday. But I'll be receiving my certificate this coming Sunday, probably.

I testify that seminary is a blessing that we shouldn't take lightly. It improves our knowledge of the gospel and our connection to Heavenly Father. It will surely aid us in the future, especially when we go on our mission. I learned a lot from attending D&C course and I'm looking forward to tackling the Old Testament!

What about you guys? Were you able to finish seminary? How was the journey? Share your thoughts/comments down in the comments! I'd love to hear from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik